Self-help organizations’ missions and roles are different from social service organizations, and such uniqueness has significant implications on their governance culture and structure. In recent years, many self-help organizations have encountered difficulties in recruiting the right persons to take up governing roles. This Sharing Session aims at providing a platform for self-help organizations to exchange on their experiences in this regard. We have also invited speakers with rich experience in self-help organizations to share on their insights on succession planning.
Program details are as follows:
- Mr Cheung Kin Fai, Chairperson, Hong Kong Rehabilitation Alliance
- Mr Ng Hang Sau, Senior Consultant, Hong Kong Society for Rehabilitation
- Ms Tsui Yuk Mui, Portia, Hon Treasurer, Hong Kong Federation of Handicapped Youth
- Ms Wong Ching Yee, President, Hong Kong Lupas Association
- Ms Wong Kam Fung, External Vice President, Hong Kong Lupas Association
Date: 18 May 2019 (Saturday)
Venue: Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessy Road, Wanchai
Targets: Board or committee members (with priority)of self-help organizations which are agency members of HKCSS / The Hong Kong Joint Council for People with Disabilities, or receiving funding from Social Welfare Department, and their advisors and senior management staff
Quota: 30 persons
Interested parties please register online on or before 6 May 2019 (Monday). Successful registrants will be notified by email by 8 May 2019 (Wednesday).
For enquiries, please contact the Project team at 2922 9255 or via email at email@example.com.